Our volunteer program is an excellent opportunity to make a difference for both people & the planet.
Currently BGET needs volunteers to participate in all project areas, as well as individuals looking to teach English and basic electricity classes, work on our website, write articles, write grant proposals, and generally engage in a wide range of capacity-building efforts.
|Length of Stay||Minimum 6 months
|Salary||None, but there are several foundations that have sponored our volunteers in the past.|
||Approximately 5,000-15,000 Baht per month depending on lifestyle + travel.
|Desired Skills||Computer program skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and familiarity with web Content Management Systems (CMS) a plus; well grounded in engineering principles, finance & economics; hands-on experience with renewable energy and appropriate technology, experience in fundraising and report writing; experience with curriculum design.
|Languages||English; Thai & Karen a plus.|
- Working with villagers to improve the sustainability of village micro‐hydro projects.
- Continuing BGET’s work in bringing biogas digesters to the Burma/Thai border area.
- Addressing sustainability issues of roughly 15,000 solar home systems installed in remote villages by the government through village trainings, awareness campaigns about warranty, rights, and technical solutions repair/replace failing parts.
- Expanding sustainable deployment of solar electric systems for remote medical clinics, schools, and other essential community services in ethnic minority areas inside Burma.
- Follow up sustainability training on hybrid diesel/solar electric systems BGET built to power computer training centers in seven refugee camps.
- Teaching and working with refugee camp Engineering Studies Program (ESP) students, and helping develop renewable energy technical skills and English language skills with staff from BGET and partner organizations.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter & resume to email@example.com along with available dates for volunteering in Thailand. Preference will be given to applicants able to stay more than 6 months. In addition, BGET supports diversity and encourages women and men, as well as members of all races and religions to apply.